Saturday, November 28, 2009

What I want for Christmas (and it's not teeth)

It is practically a car payment for this attachment. Our Kitchen Aid itself was probably about the same price when we bought it 10 years ago. It makes our sandwich bread weekly - even despite the hiatus while our kitchen was being worked on, more of our baked goods were homemade than not this year. I'm pretty proud of that. The baking station has already seen several batches of biscuits and a couple of pie crusts prepared on it in the couple of weeks we've been back to business.

This attachment, exclusive from Williams Sonoma, makes macaroni noodles, fusilli, and spaghetti. I'll admit it - pasta is a standby meal in our house. A box of macaroni noodles makes two meals worth of mac 'n' cheese and stowed in my freezer is quicker than delivery. I can't even imagine how much better it would be with Fresh Homemade Pasta.

2 comments:

karen said...

Homemade pasta would rock! I hope that Santa can work out an appliance among all the toys this year...

P.S. I can't wait to see your new kitchen!!

LMP said...

Truth be told, I much prefer the hand crank. You have much more control over speed and what-not and life is easier. Also, it's cheaper!

Congratulations on the new kitchen! Where are the photos?