Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A career path for the preschool set

Ever since Grampie bought her Cinderella, my daughter has been focused on a particular career path. Yeah, I wanted to be a princess. She wants to be a Very Godmother. She has since convinced grandparents to purchase a variety of Magic Wands. My daughter plopped herself on the bed last night, Magic Wand in hand.

"Are you practicing being a Fairy Godmother," I asked.

"No." she said sadly, "I am not a good Very Godmother".

"Oh," I nodded, "Why not?"

"Well," she said, "I need to go to Very Godmother school."

"Is that like college?"

"No, Mom. It's just school."

"Oh. When you get bigger?"

"No," she was speaking slowly as though she couldn't believe how thick I was being, "When I get older. You have to be older to go to Very Godmother school."

No comments: