Saturday, March 18, 2006

Move over Monty Hall

Saturday is Play All Day day. We went to a party and wore our fancy clothes. My daughter wore a white dress with a tuile coverlet embroidered with pink flowers. She called it her Cinderella dress.

My daughter doesn't like crowds. We usually arrive, she freaks out and one of us has to take her outside for a few minutes to calm down, then we try again. Today was no exception. My husband's stepmother is always excited to see our daughter, and for whatever reason, my daughter likes to reward this by being coy and aloof. She will hug every relative before she will approach Nanny.

Today, Nanny didn't get a hug until almost 3 hours after we arrived. When I saw the display of affection, I leaned over and whispered in my husband's ear, "Did you offer her money?"

"No, worse."

I raised an eyebrow. "What'd the hug cost you?"

"Three M&Ms, 5 jellybeans, and a brownie," he replied.

No comments: