Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More political processes

"Did you vote for the very best person?"

"Yes. That's my job as a citizen to vote for who I think is the very best person. Every votes for whomever they think is the very best person. Then the person with the most votes wins the primary. See, right now they are trying to narrow the voting to one candidate per party."

"And does the best person win?"

"Hopefully."

"Sometimes not?"

"Well see, everyone probably has a different idea about who the best person might be."

"Oh. I see."

"Daddy and I, for instance, didn't vote for the same person."

"Really?"

"Nope."

"Huh. How interesting."

1 comment:

Rob said...

Caitie wants Hillary to win because she's a girl. We tried to explain to her that you should vote for the best PERSON and that whether she's a boy or girl shouldn't matter...

"But I wanna see a girl win! I wanna see a girl win! I wanna see a girl win!"

I wonder how many other people have as much political insight as my 9 yr old?