Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's new chez nous

Alec took the picture of Lauren on their trip to visit Tutu in Hawaii. Isn't it gorgeous?

If you're at all curious where Lauren sees herself at age 100, go check out my last post on Worst Mama. I have to say, I remember discussing the possibility of living to age 100 when I was about 6 and I truly thought I would. Are our children more realistic than we were? More accepting of the idea that we all die? Considering Lauren has five living great-grandparents, it certainly is a possibility she could live to see the triple digits.

I retrieved Shannon the cat who had been missing just shy of 2 weeks. Alec saw her come out from under our next door neighbor's porch (which is incidentally where Seamus was when he went missing), and tried to lure her out with some kibble. She's not an affectionate pet, which is to say she won't come when we call her and doesn't allow us to pick her up. Alec eventually gave up, and we ran some errands. When we got back, I laid on my stomach in front of the porch calling her until she came out. She let me pet her, and then as quickly and smoothly as I could, I snatched her up and brought her inside. She's looking a little haggard and thin, but otherwise she's her normal whiny self. Seamus, on the other hand, was less than thrilled to see her back and spent most of the night growling and spitting. Charming little beasties.

2 comments:

karen said...

Lauren's hair is getting so long! That is a totally gorgeous picture.

Yay for finding Shannon, too. I'll be interested to hear if Seamus starts going out again...

Mimi Lenox said...

That is absolutely adorable. It should be framed. So cute.