Thursday, February 21, 2008

My little yogurt-covered urchin

...decided to put her Kashi Heart 2 Heart (like Honey Nut Cheerios, but made with organic ingredients) in my steel water bottle, which was empty. I dumped it out before refilling it, but it must have had just enough water to have about a half dozen pieces stick. After gym time, I took a big gulp of my very cold water that had been sitting in the car as I pulled out of the parking lot to find the super hydrated gelatinous hunks in my mouth. With nothing to spit it into, I had no choice but to swallow the bloated cereal.

Eww.

As I put her down for her nap, I realized she was singing something. As with all of Lindsay's songs, only about a third of the words were actually words, but I kept hearing "amigos something something friends" and realized she was singing:
Amigos amigos we friends of a hole
Amigos amigos we friends of a hole
We been [unintelligible]
We been [unintelligible] (banging together her fists}
Amigos amigos we friends of a hole
This was the song that the children's choir sang in church last week - "Amigos de Christo". We are actually friends of the Lord. The gesture in the second to last line is to "we've been restored". Oh...my.

No comments: