Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gold shoes at dawn

Last week, Lauren selected a pair of gold shoes at Marshalls. They were on sale for $10, and as adorable as some of her grandparents think those plastic high-heeled dress up shoes look, those who surely remember how graceful I was as a child can't possibly think that my child does anything but fall off them crashing into things and yet they buy them for her anyway...she can't actually walk in them. These look a little like Dorothy's shoes might if they were gold flats. Fancy enough that they look princess-ish with one of those frocks, and yet walkable enough to make it to the grocery store.

At 6:30 AM, after waking me at nearly 2 AM screaming Mommy! in the dark for me to find that she was still asleep, Lauren stuck her gold shoe in my face. "Is this on the right foot?"

"No." I replied. I rolled over and fell back to sleep.

2 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I thought you always showed a lot of grace. Even when falling down...

karen said...

Those plastic heels could me "lost" in our dress-up box. Ross would parade around in them happily (he lives for the day when he'll fit my shoes...). And, in case you're wondering, he probably would be caught at least once wearing them to the arena for hockey practice. Never let it be said that I squelch my kid's individuality.