Monday, August 27, 2007

A few moments

Lindsay is napping and Lauren is at soccer camp, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to catch up.

San Diego was fantastic. I don't think I've had as much fun on vacation as I had on that one. It was wonderful to have a little window into James' life, to see his apartment and meet his roommate, but mostly just to hang out was really spectacular. We went to a game at Petco Park, saw Sea World, hung out at Ocean Beach, where Ben had his first swim in the Pacific Ocean and we all rode waves together, and saw most of the San Diego Zoo. My brothers and Maria are just about the ideal vacation companions - they're all relaxed and don't stress over who gets where when. We arrived at Sea World and the Zoo pretty much when they opened, because our girls were up at 7 AM every day. They joined us around lunch time, which meant we could get all the kiddie rides out of the way, and Lindsay pretty reliably fell asleep as we were walking around.

We're going to schedule a vacation next summer, probably on the East Coast. James said he'd come to Jersey. He really hates Jersey, so he must've had a good time.

No comments: