Thursday, April 13, 2006

And now accepting requests...

Oh baby when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see, baby, this is perfection
My husband listened to that Shakira song about a dozen or so times last night. The silly thing is still stuck in my head.

Yesterday was Passover. We went to a seder at my husband's stepmother's sister's house. It's just easier if we say we went to Aunt Sally's. My daughter returned home with 3 bags of "loot", quite a bit of Easter candy (yes, I realize there is some irony there, but really I don't think there's much inherantly Christian about jelly beans and chocolate eggs).

So, at the request of my husband, here's what happened this morning:
Stepmother-in-law gave her a box of chocolate lollipops (and also the sunglasses in the photo above, so cute that Moms on the playground asked where they came from) which I found empty when I came downstairs this morning. The empty box was on the coffee table.

"Did you eat that whole box of lollipops?" I demanded. Other than the empty box, she hadn't gotten any chocolate on herself, and she had tossed the sticks in the garbage.

"Uh, yep."

"Well, you know we don't eat candy for breakfast."

"Yes. I'm sorry, Mommy."

"It wasn't a good choice."

"I know. I am sorry. I won't do it again."

"Alright." I gave her a hug. "Is your belly ok?"

"Yep."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well it's a good song...