- She can write her name. This wasn't something she would've attempted 8 weeks ago. She's started asking me to spell words aloud so she can write them down. Note that unless you know what she's writing, it isn't discernable. Her writing is almost legible if she is imitating - ie, if you write a word for her and she copies it.
- When she colors with crayons in a coloring book, her coloring is just outside of the lines now rather than all over the page. She colors in objects deliberately now, so the result is dark and completely filled in.
- She draws people as well as objects. The people in her pictures have faces with expressions and limbs (no bodies yet).
- During storytime, she now reads a story by herself. She asks about the title, author, and illustrator and states them before she starts telling a story based on the pictures in the book.
- She loves having a job at school, and often asks to help with chores around the house such as laundry, emptying the dishwasher, and making dinner.
- Her use of color, particularly when painting, is amazing.
Friday, November 10, 2006
It's really amazing to me how much things have changed since Lauren started school 2 months ago: