Friday, May 05, 2006

Go away, Mom, ya bore me

My poor daughter has been looking at me as though I am the most boring person on the planet today. It is hard to blame her. There's a certain amount of sleep deprivation that occurs for being 34 1/2 weeks pregnant, some more added for husband traveling, and a bit more still for the nearly absurd amounts of food I have to eat with the latest changes to my diet which increased my protein and fat intake to keep me out of ketosis. I have been a lump today, talking about when we were going to go to a doctor's appointment that got cancelled and then a walk that never happened because I fell asleep on the couch while she was watching Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids until the phone rang as has happened about 20 minutes in to every nap I've tried to take this week.

She looked so relieved when Jess arrived today. Finally! Someone who doesn't moan every time she stands up and complain about food. Poor Jess had her last exam today, which she was up until 4 am studying for...hardly the playtime relief she was looking for. They did play at the park for a little while. *sigh*

Hopefully we will all get some rest tonight.

No comments: